Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Arthur Russell/Loose Joints/Wild Combination



Pinglewood is one of my favourite blogs out there, varied, intersting, funny but always full of ear candy.
Back in January attached to a post with 2 mp3s from the emerging Hercules and Love Affair, was a little ditty from Loose Joints. Initially I didnt take any notice of it, but when I started hitting repeat on my iPod whenever it came on, its gone on to become my favourite Disco track.
Arthur Russell turns out to be one of those unhearlded people who were in the right place and the right time all the time during the 70s and 80s, being involved with every interesting individual the floated around back then. In 1992, he died from Aids, leaving behind over a 1ooo tapes of unreleased and unfinished music.
Wild Combination is a movie of his life, agitate your local arthouse cinema to get it in - this guys life is too much fun!
Loose Joints - Its All Over My Face (long version) here
More Arthur Russell here

No comments: